Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best Cornbread Ever!

I know I don't normally share recipes with you, mainly because I don't have any good ones to share, but I just have to give this amazing cornbread recipe to you.

Back when Gabe was in elementary school, he had a teacher that made cornbread for a class party. Gabe came home talking about it and asked his mom to make that cornbread for their upcoming Thanksgiving dinner. Gabe's mom asked his teacher for the recipe and has been making it ever since.

This cornbread is sweet and moist, unlike a traditional southern cornbread. I LOVE this stuff! To the point where I will take left overs in my purse with me...it's that bad :)

Tomorrow is the hubby's birthday and we are having a little get together tonight to celebrate with friends and family! We are having chili and this cornbread is the perfect side for it! Love the smell of this yummy chili cooking...


Here is a pic of the batch I just made...the piece missing is from my taste testing :)

Sooo here it goes:

Ingredients:
  • 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 2 cups of sour cream
  • 2 sticks of butter (melted)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 can of cream corn
Just mix all of the ingredients and pour into a 9x13 greased pan.

Cook at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until there is a golden brown edge.

This stuff is great hot or cold or warm temp.....it is just GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment